Wednesday 24 April 2013

Here's the latest post from Anne Martine - great progress.
 
I’ve now cut out my toile fabric, photo here - it has a slight stretch and feels like a brushed denim.
 
As I mentioned in the Remnant Box thread, I invariably have problems when taking my measurements and comparing them to the pattern, I think my brain somehow becomes scrambled and this was no exception! I took my measurement from front waist to back waist under the crutch, but this was way bigger that the same measurement on the pattern even with the waistband added on. It was only after I had cut the pattern pieces to put in an insert that it dawned on me that I had forgotten to add in the yoke!  What a numpty!
 
I cut the waistband at size 16 and tapered down to a 14 at the top of the legs.
 
Anyway, all done now so I’m looking forward to putting this together to see if I have that right and what other adjustments will be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment